Billboard Installer (06142021)
SC - Myrtle Beach
This position is responsible for maintaining all billboards, including installation of advertisements, and maintenance of structures, including cosmetics and vegetation.
Receive & complete daily work assignments accurately and on a timely basis as directed by Operations Manager
Complete daily work orders accurately and on a timely basis & upload proof of performance photos for AE to send to client for review
Maintain completion records of all installations
Assess all necessary supplies & materials for rotation, construction & posting
Maintain the highest degree of safety standards and awareness. Attend & complete all required safety training courses
Safely operate gas powered equipment such as, lawn mowers, chain saws, generators, compressors, paint sprayers, etc.
Utilize all safety equipment as required by Coastal Outdoor Advertising. Attend all required maintenance and compliance classes as needed.
Monitor plant for quality assurance; check sites and report any issues such as tree blockage & structure issues
Ensure job site is clean and organized upon completion of install
Report any landlord issues or complaints
Use time efficiently and effectively
Prepare vinyl for installation; unfold vinyl, insert rods, refold vinyl, and place them in order of installation
Prepare vehicle for installation ensuring the vehicle has the supplies needed for common installs
Remove & hang flexes, remove & hang vinyl, cut & prepare vinyl’s for installation
Maintain structural repairs including, but not limited to, tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim, and various parts of the sign face & structure, change light bulbs, assemble structures & faces
Upon approach to structure, ensure visual inspection for safety evaluation prior to climbing
Build/install extensions & sections, cut brush/weeds/ conduct storm damage repairs, basic electrical repairs
Comply and adhere to all company policies, procedures & guidelines without exception
Communicate with lease department and lease holder to gain access to locations when necessary
Notify Operations Manager of any required maintenance activities for structures/work vehicles
Coordinate & revise production schedule based on client needs under supervision of Operations Manager
Display conduct and behavior which is positive and professional both in the internal and external environment
Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, standards, guidelines, expectations and requirements
Adhere to Company ethical requirements, demonstrating the utmost integrity in all professional and personal matters
Perform all other duties as assigned by Operations Manager
High school degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum one year previous experience installing outdoor advertising signs.
Requires valid driver's license.
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions:
• Stand, sit, walk, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
• Must have full range of motion to install and maintain bulletin signage, repairs, etc, as well as, day to day maintenance
• Must be able to climb elevated heights without restriction
• Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time, perform strenuous physical labor, often under adverse conditions.
• Routinely lift, carry or move up to 50 pounds regularly
• Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold conditions
• Routinely exposed to dust and particles
• Required to drive company car for normal course of business
Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.
• Must be able to handle frequent interruptions while handling multiple tasks
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
• Must be able to travel as required
• Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks/assignments
• Must have ability to read and interpret verbal & written requests & direction
• Must possess problem solving skills
• Possess a working knowledge or ability to learn the proper use of an AC/DC welder
• Possess a working knowledge or ability to learn the proper use of an oxygen/acetylene torch
• Must be proficient in basic computer skills; Must be able to understand and perform basic math skills, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
• Excellent communication skills including verbal and written skills
• Positive and effective customer service skills